Thread: Trick-or-Treating Date

Thanks

Default Trick-or-Treating Date

I saw some discussion on which day trick-or-treating is so I wanted to share. I talked to the Jefferson County Commission and they said trick-or-treating is on the calendar for Sunday October 31st for all of Jefferson County.
    Sceffi

2. Mountain Lake Club
    Thanks

It's not uncommon for certain subdivisions within the county, like Shannondale, to set a different date than what the county says it will be. In the past when Halloween has fallen on a Sunday, we've had trick-or-treaters show up both nights.
    Becky

Feed a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, you get rid of him for the whole weekend.

Thanks

Dont take this message as me being mad or mean, I know how tones can be misread After I wrote it, I thought it came across different than I was thinking it!.........
    I can see why you would maybe move it if its on a weekday (w/rush hour traffic on our sidewalk-less roads), but why move it when its on Sunday? And if it was going to be moved, it should have been done long ago so we could plan for it and it should be announced in places were everyone would have known by now. Shepherdstown moved it, but announced it long ago in the newspaper. And Berkeley County kept it on Sunday and even that was put in the paper weeks ago.
    Well, anyway, we will be out Sunday ghouling it up early and then will be back home by 7:30ish so my son can hand out some candy - his favorite part. Hope you stop by!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 1,762 Posts
    Blog Entries

Amusing Lol, No Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Sceffi View Post
    I can see why you would maybe move it if its on a weekday (w/rush hour traffic on our sidewalk-less roads), but why move it when its on Sunday? And if it was going to be moved, it should have been done long ago so we could plan for it and it should be announced in places were everyone would have known by now.
    It isn't like this doesn't happen EVERY year. I could see this coming which is why I posted on on 10/5 HERE. Trick or treating has always been a mixed bag, wether on a school/work night or on the weekend. One date isn't exclusive of another and the kids sure don't mind 3 or 4 "Halloween" nights. That's why Willis the Grinch has always championed attending parties rather than going door to door-particularly in our pedestrian unfriendly Mountain neighborhoods.

Sceffi, having Halloween on the 31st sure wouldn't prevent attending the party on Saturday afternoon and evening at the Substation. Fire trucks, creepy crawlies and ghoulish decorations sound like great fun for young kids. Maybe next year someone will take charge early and coordinate a specific night for activities. The 31st will be- Ugh, on Monday

P.S. we need one discussion thread on Halloween & Haunted House dates. The calendar should be used for specific events. I only see 2 events listed
    Don't CLOWN around! Join us NOW and get involved in YOUR Blue Ridge Mountain Community!

Thanks

Willis - I read that thread yesterday, but didn't see a set-in-stone date. Like I said, Im not trying to sound mean, I am am truly just trying to figure out how this all works so that everyone in the neighborhood knows has the same date in mind. I know lots of people don't use this site.
    And far as Im concerned, the kids can trick-or-treat Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! We love having visitors!