Thread: BB&T Question--Coins?

Thanks

Help BB&T Question--Coins?

Is it true they have free coin counters? Or does anyone know what to do with a jar of coins (preferably without rolling them by hand)?

2. Mountain Lake Club
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toberah View Post
    Is it true they have free coin counters? Or does anyone know what to do with a jar of coins (preferably without rolling them by hand)?
    Yes, they do. I've taken coffee cans full of coins there. (I go to the Ranson branch).
    Not Shannondale
    Mountainside Road

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toberah View Post
    Don't know about BB&T, (although I should, since I have an account there), but I believe that BCT on Washington Street has one.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You can also use the CoinStar at Food Lion in C-town. It's noisy but kinda fun
    You pour your coins into the machine, get a receipt and cash it at the register.
    "What can you ever really know of other people's souls - of their temptations, their opportunities, their struggles?" - C.S. Lewis

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cwj View Post
    You pour your coins into the machine, get a receipt and cash it at the register.
    They charge you, though, yes?

This is peeving me off a little b/c a few weeks ago I went to both BB&T and BCT looking for coin rollers and both said they didn't have them to give away anymore. OK, fine, but they couldn't have volunteered that they had a free machine to do the sorting for me?!? Ah well, it was a good homeschooling project anyway :P

Thanks
    Blog Entries

if your a customer at City National we will count it for you in our coin machine ;0

"How can you not believe in Angles when you have a mama?"

Thanks

Here's my attempt at combining this coin counting thread with the recycling/green-living thread => At least once a week, I mail between 4-15 small packages from the Summit Point USPS branch. Months ago, I learned that the postmaster there is constantly running low on change. Soooooo... I scoop up a handful (or two) of change and use that to pay for my mailings! I frequently have more change than the cost of my mailings, so she just gives me dollars for what's left. It's a win-win thing: I get rid of anywhere from $10-20 in change, and she staves off having to figure out how to run to the bank.

I would imagine that with a little creative thought, you could think of one or two small businesses that you frequent that would love to have a pocket-load of your spare change.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cwj View Post

don't use coin star as it cost way to much money.just take them to the bank loose...
    robert clatterbuck

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniffer View Post
    They charge you, though, yes?

This is peeving me off a little b/c a few weeks ago I went to both BB&T and BCT looking for coin rollers and both said they didn't have them to give away anymore. OK, fine, but they couldn't have volunteered that they had a free machine to do the sorting for me?!? Ah well, it was a good homeschooling project anyway :P
    Most banks don't take wrapped coins anymore. I learned this lesson back in the 90's when I spent an entire day wrapping about 500 dollars in change, just to have to break them all into a bucket so they could dump them into their machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensey View Post
    Life's rough. Buy a helmet."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chutney Daftcraft View Post
    Most banks don't take wrapped coins anymore. I learned this lesson back in the 90's when I spent an entire day wrapping about 500 dollars in change, just to have to break them all into a bucket so they could dump them into their machine.
    Same thing happen to us, now we count it and bag it.

Thanks

We use Jefferson Security Bank and they have a coin counter ... we initially took our jar there years ago and opened a savings account with it. We figured it would be good to have a local bank and we also have our safety deposit box there.
    Kind words conquer Make everyday happy

Come see me at www.BGCustoms.biz

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cbuck725wv View Post
    don't use coin star as it cost way to much money.just take them to the bank loose...
    They do in fact charge you, and much more than I originally thought. I could have sworn it was 5%, but I noticed on their website it says 8.9%!
    Oh well, I suppose it might be worth it if a coinstar is considerably closer than your bank (gas money).